David P. Sheldon, Esq.
David Sheldon began his over 25-year career as a military defense lawyer in the U.S. Navy. In four years of naval service, he built a distinguished record representing officers and enlisted members before the U.S. Navy-Marine Corps Court of Military Review, the Court of Military Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Sheldon launched his civilian career in 1994, earning a national reputation as an expert in military defense. Today, he frequently provides comments and analysis on high-profile military cases for CNN, NBC, CBS, and ABC television news and National Public Radio. Mr. Sheldon represents members of every branch of the armed services and the Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service.
As the lead military defense lawyer in numerous high-profile cases, he has successfully defended soldiers, sailors, and airmen of every rank and stature. While some of the more highly publicized cases are a matter of record, far more have been won without highly visible media coverage. Mr. Sheldon takes great pride in that fact; often clients are best served by avoiding the glare of the media.
Areas of Practice
- Military Law
- Military Defense
- Administrative Discharge Reviews
- Corrections of Military Records
- Security Clearances
- Medical Malpractice at Military Facilities
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- Juris Doctor – 1990
- Law Review: University of Montana, Co-Editor
- University of Montana, Montana
- Bachelor of Arts – 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Institute of Military Justice, Board of Advisors
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Judge Advocates Association
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Navy, 1991 – 1994
- Feldesman, Tucker, Leifer, Fidell and Bank LLP, 1994 – 2001