International Military Law Attorney
The Law Offices of David P. Sheldon, represents current and retired members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, and their families in a wide variety of military defense matters.
For more information, or a free consultation, contact us online in Washington, D.C., or by calling 202-552-0018 or 877-314-1665 toll free.
Our Practice Areas | National UCMJ Defense Lawyer
Areas in which we represent clients include:
- Courts-martial. We can represent you during your Article 32 investigation and in all other preliminary and subsequent proceedings related to general courts-martial, special courts-martial and summary courts-martial.
- Court-martial appeals. We defend military clients accused of crimes and represent them in appeals to higher courts. Retain our services, and we can seek to overturn your conviction or reduce your sentence.
- Corrections of military records/discharge upgrades. If there is a mistake or injustice in your military record or discharge, we can pursue the administrative remedy necessary to correct your record.
- ROTC disenrollments. We represent ROTC and Academy cadets across the country who have been disenrolled or face disenrollment. Hire us, and we can represent you at any applicable hearings and seek to prevent your disenrollment or to reinstate your enrollment.
- Administrative discharge hearings. If you are being administratively separated from the military for any reason, we can work to restore your service or secure your separation with an honorable or general discharge.
- Security clearances defense/reinstatements. We help military and civilian employees of the U.S. Department of Defense to retain or reinstate their security clearances. We represent clients at the Personnel Security Appeal Board (PSAB) hearings that form the basis for the PSAB's clearance decisions.
- Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) reviews and recommendations. We represent actively serving and former military members who believe they received incorrect determinations from a PEB. We help them prove their true physical and mental conditions for admittance to the military, military promotions, eligibility for long-term disability benefits and other needs.
- IG/military command investigations. We represent military members who are subject to potentially career-ending Inspector General (IG) investigations. We do this with the goal of protecting our clients' service records and to shield them from adverse consequences.
- Personal injury and privacy claims against the government. We represent current and former service members and their families who have been injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice or military negligence in non-combat activities. We also represent those who have been damaged as a result of violations of their personal privacy laws.
Seeking, Securing Favorable Results in Military Matters | Attorney David P. Sheldon | Free Consultation
For more than 20 years, attorney David P. Sheldon has sought and secured favorable results for hundreds of clients stationed in the U.S. and abroad, including those facing serious charges under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Although our practice is based in Washington, D.C., he can handle your case remotely or by traveling as the situation requires.
For more information, or a free consultation, contact us online at the Law Offices of David P. Sheldon, or call us at 202-552-0018 or 877-314-1665 toll free.